The New Welcome Center’s Vision
We recognize that registering children for school can be complicated, so our family-centered staff at the Welcome Center will be equipped to provide personalized support for families throughout the registration and orientation process. School registration is also a critical touchpoint to connect families to resources and services in the district and the greater KCK community. Services provided at the Welcome Center will collaborate among the departments of Student Support Programs, ESOL & Migrant, and Health Services. We will expand as we get feedback from our students, families, and community partners.
The Welcome Center is open from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. , Monday-Friday. Walk-In visits are welcome, and appointments can be made by calling the KCKPS Front Desk at 913-551-3200 and requesting Student Service.
- Orientation to schooling in KCKPS
- K-12th grade online registration
- Bilingual language support
- International transcript translation
- Nutrition and Transportation information
- Referrals to community services and resources
- Enrollment in district programs and services