District Equity Strategic Framework
Our vision, goal, and mission is what drives our day to day interactions with students. We are all working very hard every day to provide a quality learning experience for every student, every day.
Inspiring Excellence. Every Grown Up. Every Child. Every Day.
Striving to become one of the Top 10 School Districts in the Nation.
Each student exits high school prepared for college and careers in a global society; at every level, performance is on track and on time for success.
Our North Star
By 2031, 100% of students who graduate will graduate with a Diploma+ endorsement, with no disparities in race or gender subgroups while meeting or exceeding the average graduation rate of the state.
BE A LEARNER - We are all learners.
As learners we make our work public, we study, we explore, and we expect to evolve and grow in what we know and do.
BRING OUT THE BEST IN PEOPLE - Choose Excellence
We believe in the potential of every child, every grownup, and ourselves, and our actions demonstrate our belief.
BE RESPONSIBLE - It's Up to Us
We are all responsible for the success of each student, each staff member, each school and each department.
DO THE RIGHT THING - Five Star Service
Treat others with respect, act with integrity, and commit to teamwork and open communication.
ACHIEVE RESULTS THAT MATTER - Aim High
We choose actions that focus on meaningful outcomes for our students.
District KESA Goals
- Improve student outcomes on district graduation rates.
- Improve student outcomes on assessments.
- Theme #1: Align social-emotional supports focused on the whole child
- Theme #2: Expand opportunities for diverse college & technical career readiness experiences at all grades
- Theme #3: Empower KCKPS families & community in student success
- Theme #4: Attract, hire, develop, & retain KCKPS employees
- Theme #5: Ensure fair and equitable allocation of resources
District Focus Areas
Priority #2: Multi-Tiered System of Support
Priority #3: Data Based Decision Making